Health + Fitness
You live downtown, so why not live life to its absolute fullest, downtown, at your neighborhood fitness center?
The health and fitness professionals at the 14th Street Y encourage determination, grit and achieving your personal best, every day.
Neighbors of every fitness level are welcome here. Certified personal trainers can guide you at any step of your fitness journey. Sample our broad range of classes, which feature all popular categories and a raft of special offerings, like Zen Surf Yoga, Zumba, and pre-natal yoga. Our state-of-the-art gym equipment includes the latest cardio and weight equipment, upgraded on a regular basis.
The facility is also home to a full-size, indoor basketball court and a generous swimming pool. Come to the 14 Street Y to harmonize your mind, body and spirit. We’ll keep you healthy and fit for life.
Extended Building Hours
- Monday – Friday: 6:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Saturday/Sunday: 7:00 AM – 8:00 PM
These new expanded hours will increase access to our fitness center, gymnasium, and pool! Stay tuned for updated gym and pool schedules.
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best workout experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- Masks are no longer required throughout the 14Y, starting June 13, 2022
- Please observe social distancing (6 ft) while entering the 14Y and in common areas.
- Visitors who wish to wear a mask should bring their own.
- Locker rooms are available for daily use. Please remove belongings after your visit. You may also purchase a locker at the Service Desk.
- Please bring your own water bottle; you’ll be able to utilize our refilling station, which will be sanitized frequently.
- Members must wipe down equipment after each use. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our community safe.
The 14Y aims to provide the excellent programs and services you expect while prioritizing the health and safety of our community.
We have often adjusted our safety protocols and policies based on the most up-to-date guidance from local and state government and in consultation with our medical consultants at Mount Sinai Beth Israel.
Current health and safety protocols:
- Masks are not required but recommended when during respiratory illness season
- Members who are not feeling well should help keep our community healthy and stay home.
Questions? Please call our Service Desk at 212-780-0800 or send an email to ServiceDesk@14streety.org.
Be sure to visit our website for updated health and safety policies at the 14Y.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.