Health + Fitness
You live downtown, so why not live life to its absolute fullest, downtown, at your neighborhood fitness center?
The health and fitness professionals at the 14th Street Y encourage determination, grit and achieving your personal best, every day.
Neighbors of every fitness level are welcome here. Certified personal trainers can guide you at any step of your fitness journey. Sample our broad range of classes, which feature all popular categories and a raft of special offerings, like punk rope outdoor adventure, Tabata and pre-natal yoga. Our state-of-the-art gym equipment includes the latest cardio and weight equipment, upgraded on a regular basis.
The facility is also home to a full-size, indoor basketball court and a generous swimming pool. On a time budget? Check out our Lunch Crunch classes, from boxing to boot camp, yoga to Zumba. We know your free time is a precious commodity, so we offer you a high rate of return on your time investment. Come to the 14 Street Y to harmonize your mind, body and spirit. We’ll keep you healthy and fit for life.
Current Health + Fitness Programming
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our current health and fitness program features live-streaming group fitness classes and in-person workouts in our Fitness Center. Our staff is hard at work to reopen our Aquatics programming. More information on that program coming soon.
14Y’s Fitness Center is Now Open!
Dear 14Y Members,
We’re thrilled to announce that our 14Y Fitness center has successfully reopened!
We can’t wait to welcome everyone in our community back to the building. As we move forward with our phased reopening of the 14Y, please know that your health and safety are our highest priority.
Our team worked hard to refine our operations and is conducting final checks to make sure the Fitness Center meets all New York State guidelines and New York City Department of Health inspection requirements and complies with EPA-approved cleaning and sanitization processes. Our staff has been trained in additional health and safety protocols to keep our community safe.
For more information or to prepare for your Fitness Center visit, please take a look at our health and safety information here or scroll down. We appreciate your continued support as we work to keep 14Y Fitness safe for you by maintaining NYC Health and Safety Guidelines.
Before visiting us at the 14Y Fitness Center, active members must make a reservation using the instructions below.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
The 14Y Fitness Team
14Y Fitness Center Hours: Monday to Friday: 7:00 AM – 7:00 PM Saturday & Sunday: 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Members must make a reservation before arriving to the 14Y. At this time, walk-ins will not be available or permitted into the building.Book A Workout
Booking A Workout Reservation in the 14Y Fitness Center
Members must make a reservation before arriving to the 14Y. At this time, walk-ins will not be available or permitted into the building.
In order to keep everyone safe, the following guidelines have been set to ensure that we can continue to operate at limited capacity, while keeping workouts available for all of our members. If you have any trouble with the registration system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 646-395-4310.
NEW Member Reservation Limits Starting November 1:
- Only active 14Y members will be able to make reservations for in-person workouts in the 14Y Fitness Center.
- Active members will be allowed to make your reservation(s) up to 5 days in advance.
- A maximum of five (5) advanced reservations can be made on an active member’s account at a time.
- Reservations are limited to one (1) session per day.
- Workout reservations close fifteen (15) minutes before the selected time.
- Reservations are available in 1 hour, 1.25 hour, and 1.5 hour time slots for each workout. Please check the reservation system for availability.
- You will be admitted to the fitness center at the designated time of your workout. For safety, early arrivals will not enter until the time of the designated reservation.
What To Expect In The Fitness Center
Our Fitness Center will reopen with modified operating hours:
Monday – Friday
7:00 AM – 7:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday
8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
The basketball gymnasium, locker rooms and showers, and on-site group exercise classes remain on pause until further notice. Basketball Court access will not be available at this time, and we hope to share an update soon. In-person Personal Training services will be available on a limited basis. We’ll keep you updated as additional services become available.
New Health and Safety Standards
New safety standards and protocols will be employed to manage reduced capacity, facilitate social distancing, and reduce traffic. These include:
- Mandatory reservations to use the fitness center, available in 45- or 60-minute workout session blocks separated by select time periods in which the fitness center is closed for deep cleaning after members exit the area.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection throughout the building all day, every day.
- Hand sanitizing stations in the 14Y fitness center and throughout the lobby.
- Signage enforcing mask requirements and reminding you to remain six feet apart from your fellow members, and floor markers to encourage distancing.
- Learn more about our Health and Safety guidelines here.
Online Reservations and Health Screening
In accordance with government mandates, a health screening questionnaire will be required in advance of all visits. The health screening questionnaire can be found here. You will be required to complete and show your health screening and have your temperature checked by a health and safety ambassador before entering the building. In advance of our reopening, you’ll be able to schedule your workouts in the 14Y Fitness Center via our website, or by calling our Membership Team at 646-395-4310.
New Building Entry and Arrival Procedures
To keep you, your fellow members, and our staff safe, the following entry and arrival procedures must now be followed:
- All 14Y members will enter through the main lobby entrance at 344 East 14th Street no more than 10 minutes before their scheduled workout time.
- Masks are required for entry and at all times in the building, including during your workout.
- Please bring your 14Y Fitness key fob, proof of your health screening completion, and proof of your reservation, which can be displayed on your phone.
- Upon arrival, you’ll be subject to a contactless temperature scan, and a brief check-in with a health and safety ambassador who will direct you to the 14Y Fitness Center.
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best workout experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- Locker rooms will NOT be available for use, so please arrive dressed and prepared to workout.
- Please bring your own water bottle; you’ll be able to utilize our refilling station, which will be sanitized frequently.
- Please bring only what you need for your workout. Small pouches will be permitted on the fitness floor to carry your essentials. Large bags will not be permitted at this time.
- Please reduce your time in the building by exiting promptly after your workout
Please reach out to us at email@example.com with any questions.
We will continue to update you as we reopen additional services, or as NYC Department of Health guidance changes.