Health + Fitness
You live downtown, so why not live life to its absolute fullest, downtown, at your neighborhood fitness center?
The health and fitness professionals at the 14th Street Y encourage determination, grit and achieving your personal best, every day.
Neighbors of every fitness level are welcome here. Certified personal trainers can guide you at any step of your fitness journey. Sample our broad range of classes, which feature all popular categories and a raft of special offerings, like Zen Surf Yoga, Zumba, and pre-natal yoga. Our state-of-the-art gym equipment includes the latest cardio and weight equipment, upgraded on a regular basis.
The facility is also home to a full-size, indoor basketball court and a generous swimming pool. Come to the 14 Street Y to harmonize your mind, body and spirit. We’ll keep you healthy and fit for life.
Updated COVID-19 Safety Protocols and Policies
Over the course of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 14Y has sought to provide the excellent programs and services you expect while prioritizing the health and safety of our community.
We have often adjusted our safety protocols and policies based on the most up-to-date guidance from local and state government and in consultation with our medical consultants at Mount Sinai Beth Israel.
Updated health and safety protocols:
- Masks are strongly recommended but no longer required in all common areas of the 14Y as well as the fitness center, basketball gymnasium, fitness studio, locker rooms, or on the pool deck.
- Members who are not feeling well should help keep our community healthy and stay home.
Questions? Please call our Service Desk at 212-780-0800 or send an email to ServiceDesk@14streety.org.
Be sure to visit our website for updated health and safety policies at the 14Y.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best workout experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- Locker rooms are available for daily use. Please remove belongings after your visit. You may also purchase a locker at the Service Desk.
- Please bring your own water bottle; you’ll be able to utilize our refilling station, which will be sanitized frequently.
- Please reduce your time in the building by exiting promptly after your workout