Aquatics for All Ages
Our sparkling pool is refreshing in the darkest days of winter as it is on the hottest summer day.
Dive in to the 14Y’s full range of aquatics programs, including swim instruction for all ages, stages, and abilities, an inspiring variety of aqua exercise classes, and daily opportunities for family and adults-only open swim. 14Y swim classes are available for children as young as six months.
For a low-impact, full-body workout, turn to our expert instructors in aqua aerobics. We feature the American Red Cross Learn to Swim program, taught by certified water safety instructors, for children three and older. Private and semi-private swim lessons are also available.
- Mondays to Thursdays: 6:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Fridays: 6:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturdays: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Sundays: 8:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Winter Aquatics Classes
Week of January 8 – Week of March 25
Member registration opens Tuesday, December 6
Open registration begins Tuesday, December 13
Children Learn to Swim
Children’s Learn to Swim with Parent/Caregiver for Ages 6 – 35 months and Drop-Off Swim Classes for Ages 3+Learn More
Adult Swim Classes
Whatever your level or age, we’ve got an aquatics program that’s perfect for you—from Aqua Aerobics to Adult Learn to Swim!Learn More
Winter/Spring Adult Lap Swim Schedule
Early bird lap swim times:
- Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays | 6:30 – 10:00 AM
- Wednesdays | 6:30 – 9:30 AM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 8:00 – 10:00 AM
Morning open lap swim times:
- Mondays and Fridays | 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Wednesdays | 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 11:30 – 12:30 PM
Lunchtime lap swim times:
- Mondays – Fridays | 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 11:30 AM – 12:30 PM
Women’s only lap swim times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Late afternoon and evening lap swim times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- Tuesdays | 7:30 – 8:30 PM
- Fridays | 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Saturdays | 3:30 – 4:30 PM
- Sundays | 4:30 – 5:30 PM
Lap Swimming Rules and Etiquette:
- You are sharing the lane. Please cooperate with each other.
- Swimmers should be aware of other swimmer in the lane.
- Please modify your stroke when passing by each other in the lane.
- If possible, do not rest on the same end of pool. Stay 6 feet apart if doing so.
- No congregating on pool deck or in locker rooms.
- Circle Swimming: All swimmers in a given lane must swim in a counterclockwise pattern with similarly paced swimmers. This ensures more people can join the lane without interrupting those already swimming in the lane.
- Passing: Swimmers should be aware of other swimmers in the lane. If the swimmer behind you is getting close, stop at the wall for a few seconds and let the swimmer pass you. This is the generally accepted Industry practice for lap swimming in public pools. ABSOLUTELY NO PASSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE, this can cause a collision.
Family Swim Schedule
The family swim schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Wednesdays | 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Thursdays | 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Fridays | 2:30 – 4:30 PM
- Saturdays | 2:00 – 3:30 PM
- Sundays | 3:30 – 4:30 PM
Family Swim Guidelines:
- Floatation devices will be available.
- All swim participants must wear a swim cap.
- Children up to 3 years old or those not yet potty trained must wear swim diapers.
Adult lap swim and swim instruction is available to in-person members, and Family Swim is available to 14Y Family Members only Interested in an in-person membership for yourself or your family? Learn more about our membership options here.
14Y Locker Rooms and Locker Availability
Aquatics program participants and 14Y members may use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
14Y Pool Health and Safety Standards
Safety standards and protocols are in place to manage reduced capacity, facilitate social distancing, and reduce traffic.
Educational Alliance proudly supports COVID-19 vaccination. All 14Y employees, including fitness and swim instructors, are fully vaccinated.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection throughout the building all day, every day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available in the 14Y locker rooms and throughout the lobby.
- Please remain six feet apart from your fellow members at all times.
We’re More Than Just A Gym
The 14th Street Y has something for everyone including more than 50 fitness classes each week, a recently renovated fitness center, and a pool that’s 84 degrees year round.Become A Member Today!