Aquatics for All Ages
Our sparkling pool is refreshing in the darkest days of winter as it is on the hottest summer day.
Dive in to the 14Y’s full range of aquatics programs, including swim instruction for all ages, stages, and abilities, an inspiring variety of aqua exercise classes, and daily opportunities for family and adults-only open swim. 14Y swim classes are available for children as young as six months.
For a low-impact, full-body workout, turn to our expert instructors in aqua aerobics. We feature the American Red Cross Learn to Swim program, taught by certified water safety instructors, for children three and older. Private and semi-private swim lessons are also available.
- Mondays to Thursdays: 6:30 AM – 8:30 PM
- Fridays: 6:30 AM – 8:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays: 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
Updated Safety Protocols and Policies
- Masks are strongly recommended but no longer required in the fitness center, basketball gymnasium, fitness studio, locker rooms, or on the pool deck. Masks must be worn in common areas including the 14Y Lobby, stairwells, and the elevator.
- All 14Y members and clients ages 5 and older must show proof of vaccination to use the fitness facilities including the fitness center and studio, the pool, and the gymnasium.
- Members who are not feeling have been asked to refrain from working out to help keep our community healthy and stay home.
Thank you for doing your part to keep our community safe.
Children’s Learn To Swim Classes
Children’s Learn to Swim with Parent/Caregiver for Ages 6 – 35 months and Drop-Off Swim Classes for Ages 3+Learn More
Adult Lap Swim Schedule
Early bird lap swim times:
- Mondays and Fridays | 6:30 – 10:00 AM
- Tuesdays – Thursdays | 6:30 – 9:30 AM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 8:00 – 10:00 AM
Morning open lap swim times:
- Mondays and Fridays | 10:00 – 11:00 AM
- Wednesdays | 9:30 – 10:30 AM
- Saturdays | 11:30 – 12:30 PM
- Sundays | 11:30 – 12:30 PM
Lunchtime lap swim times:
- Mondays – Wednesdays | 12:00 – 2:30 PM
- Thursdays and Fridays | 12:00 – 2:00 PM
Women’s only lap swim times:
- Tuesdays and Thursdays | 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Late afternoon and evening lap swim times:
- Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays | 7:00 – 8:30 PM
- Tuesdays | 6:30 – 8:30 PM
- Fridays | 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 3:30 – 4:30 PM
You can download a PDF version of the new Lap Swim and Family Swim schedule here.
Lap Swimming Rules and Etiquette:
- You are sharing the lane. Please cooperate with each other.
- Swimmers should be aware of other swimmer in the lane.
- Please modify your stroke when passing by each other in the lane.
- If possible, do not rest on the same end of pool. Stay 6 feet apart if doing so.
- No congregating on pool deck or in locker rooms.
- Circle Swimming: All swimmers in a given lane must swim in a counterclockwise pattern with similarly paced swimmers. This ensures more people can join the lane without interrupting those already swimming in the lane.
- Passing: Swimmers should be aware of other swimmers in the lane. If the swimmer behind you is getting close, stop at the wall for a few seconds and let the swimmer pass you. This is the generally accepted Industry practice for lap swimming in public pools. ABSOLUTELY NO PASSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE, this can cause a collision.
Family Swim Schedule
Family members are longer required to register in advance for family swim time slots. The family swim schedule is as follows:
- Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Wednesdays | 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Thursdays | 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Fridays | 3:30 – 5:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 2:00 – 3:30 PM
Family Swim Guidelines:
- Floatation devices will be available.
- All swim participants must wear a swim cap.
- Children up to 3 years old or those not yet potty trained must wear swim diapers.
Adult lap swim and swim instruction is available to in-person members, and Family Swim is available to 14Y Family Members only Interested in an in-person membership for yourself or your family? Learn more about our membership options here.
If you’re currently a 14Y Virtual Member, please contact us at ServiceDesk@14streety.org or call us at 646-395-4310 to update your membership type to take advantage of our fitness center and pool.
14Y Locker Rooms and Locker Availability
Aquatics program participants and 14Y members may use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
Please note that the sauna is still closed. Sanitizing wipes are available and extra cleaning efforts will be in place. Everyone must wear a mask while in the locker room.
14Y Pool Health and Safety Standards
Safety standards and protocols are in place to manage reduced capacity, facilitate social distancing, and reduce traffic.
Educational Alliance proudly supports COVID-19 vaccination. All 14Y employees, including fitness and swim instructors, are fully vaccinated.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection throughout the building all day, every day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available in the 14Y locker rooms and throughout the lobby.
- Masks are strongly recommended, but no longer required in the fitness center, basketball gymnasium, fitness studio, locker rooms, or on the pool deck.
- Mask are required in commons areas such as the lobby, stairwells and the elevator.
- Please remain six feet apart from your fellow members at all times.
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best swim experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- Masks are required for entry and exit of the building, and in common areas.
- Please bring your 14Y Fitness key fob and proof of vaccination to show staff.
- 14Y members may use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
We’re More Than Just A Gym
The 14th Street Y has something for everyone including more than 50 fitness classes each week, a recently renovated fitness center, and a pool that’s 84 degrees year round.Become A Member Today!