Aquatics for All Ages
14Y Pool is Open!
The 14Y’s Health + Fitness and Aquatics teams have worked hard to make sure our pool meets and exceeds all New York State COVID-19 safety guidelines, the New York City Department of Health inspection requirements and that we comply with all EPA-approved cleaning and sanitization processes. Staff members are trained in additional health and safety protocols to keep our community safe.
Current Pool Hours:
- Monday to Friday | 6:45 AM – 7:15 PM
- Saturday/Sunday | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
On August 17, the Mayor’s Office announced that New York City now requires proof of vaccination for workers and customers in many spaces, including indoor dining, fitness venues, and performances.
In compliance with this policy, the 14Y will now require all members (ages 12 and older) to share proof of vaccination when visiting any of its fitness areas including the fitness center and studio, pool, and gymnasium.
Per NYC’s new regulations, if you do not plan to be vaccinated or do not share your record with us, you will not be permitted to use the 14Y’s fitness facilities including the pool after August 31, 2021.
Fall Aquatics Programming Coming Soon!
Fall Aquatics classes, including child and adult learn to swim classes and aqua aerobics, will begin Sunday, October 3!
Registration for 14Y members will open on Tuesday, September 14.
General registration for non-members will open on Tuesday, September 21.
Stay tuned for further details!
Adult Lap Swim
Starting Thursday, September 9, the lane capacity in our pool will increase to three people per lane and swimmers must circle swim at all times regardless of how many people are in the lane.
Lap Swimming Rules and Etiquette
- You are sharing the lane. Please cooperate with each other.
- Swimmers should be aware of other swimmer in the lane.
- Please modify your stroke when passing by each other in the lane.
- If possible, do not rest on the same end of pool. Stay 6 feet apart if doing so.
- Exit the pool immediately at the end of your reservation and put on your mask.
- No congregating on pool deck or in locker rooms.
- Circle Swimming: All swimmers in a given lane must swim in a counterclockwise pattern with similarly paced swimmers. This ensures more people can join the lane without interrupting those already swimming in the lane.
- Lane Choice: Please note that lanes marked “SLOW”, “MEDIUM” and “FAST” are just guidelines. Depending on who else is in the pool, you may find yourself in a different lane than you expected. Even if you are a fast, experienced swimmer, the lifeguards may ask you to move into a different lane. Please do not take this personally as speed is not an indication of your swimming ability. These procedures are for everyone’s enjoyment and safety.
- Passing: Swimmers should be aware of other swimmers in the lane. If the swimmer behind you is getting close, stop at the wall for a few seconds and let the swimmer pass you. This is the generally accepted Industry practice for lap swimming in public pools. ABSOLUTELY NO PASSING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LANE, this can cause a collision.
Book A Swim Session Reservation for the 14Y Pool
Members must make a swim session reservation before arriving to the 14Y. At this time, walk-ins will not be available or permitted into the building.
For sessions starting Thursday, September 9, please use the links below:
Swim Session Reservation Limits:
In order to keep everyone safe, the guidelines detailed below have been set to ensure that we can continue to operate at limited capacity, while keeping swim sessions available for our in-person members.
- Only active in-person 14Y members will be able to make reservations for swim sessions in the 14Y Pool.
- Active in-person members can make their reservation up to 1 hour in advance if availability permits.
- A maximum of one advanced reservations per week on an active in-person member’s account permitted.
- Reservations can be made up to 5 days in advance.
- Reservations are limited to one (1) session per day.
- Swim session reservations close 30 minutes before the selected time.
- Swim session reservations are available in 30-minute time slots for each workout. Please check the reservation system for availability.
- Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled workout time.
Book a Family Swim Session at the 14Y Pool
Family Swim time slots:
- Saturdays and Sundays | 3:00 – 3:40 PM
- Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:15 PM (beginning September 14)
- Thursdays | 5:15 – 6:00 PM (beginning September 9)
The guidelines for Family Swim are:
- Each Family Swim time slot will offer four reservations maximum: two at the shallow end of the pool and two at the deep end.
- A maximum of five people per family will be allowed for each reservation.
- Floatation devices will be available.
- All swim participants must wear a swim cap.
- Children up to 3 years old or those not yet potty trained must wear swim diapers.
To learn how to Reserve and Cancel a swim session, please review these instructions used for our fitness center. Updated instructions specific for aquatics is coming soon!
If you have any trouble with the registration system, please email ServiceDesk@14streety.org or call 646-395-4310.
Private swim sessions are available to 14Y members on a limited basis. Learn more about private lessons and how to begin the process of scheduling one here.
Adult lap swim and swim instruction is available to in-person members, and Family Swim is available to 14Y Family Members only Interested in an in-person membership for yourself or your family? Learn more about our membership options here.
If you’re currently a 14Y Virtual Member, please contact us at ServiceDesk@14streety.org or call us at 646-395-4310 to update your membership type to take advantage of our fitness center and pool.
14Y Locker Rooms and Locker Availability
As of July 6, 2021, 14Y members may use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
Please note that the sauna is still closed. Sanitizing wipes are available and extra cleaning efforts will be in place. Everyone must wear a mask while in the locker room.
New 14Y Pool Health and Safety Standards
New safety standards and protocols are in place to manage reduced capacity, facilitate social distancing, and reduce traffic.
- Mandatory swim session reservations, available in 30-minute session blocks, separated by select time periods in which the pool is closed for cleaning after members exit the area.
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection throughout the building all day, every day.
- Hand sanitizing stations are available in the 14Y locker rooms and throughout the lobby.
- Masks must be worn at all times, except when in the water.
- Please remain six feet apart from your fellow members at all times.
Online Reservations and Health Screening
In accordance with government mandates, a health-screening questionnaire will be required in advance of all visits. You will be required to complete and show your health screening and have your temperature checked by a health and safety ambassador before entering the building. Health-screening questionnaire available here. You will be able to schedule your swim times on our website, or by calling our Membership Team at 646-395-4310.
Building Entry and Arrival Procedures
To keep you, fellow members, and our staff safe, the following entry and arrival procedures must be followed:
- All 14Y members will enter through the main lobby entrance at 344 East 14th Street. Arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled workout time.
Masks are required for entry and at all times in the building, including on the pool deck, except while in the water.
- Please bring your 14Y Fitness key fob, proof of your health screening completion, proof of your reservation on your phone, and proof of vaccination to show staff.
- Upon arrival, you will be subject to a contactless temperature scan, and a brief check-in with a health and safety ambassador who will direct you to the 14Y Pool.
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best swim experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- 14Y members may use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
- You must wear your masks at all times while in the building, except while in the water.
- Hooks are provided near your designated lane to hang your mask while swimming.
- Please reduce your time in the building by exiting promptly after your swim session.
Please note that the sauna is still closed. Sanitizing wipes are available and extra cleaning efforts will be in place.
Please reach out to us at ServiceDesk@14streety.org with any questions.
We will continue to update you as we reopen additional services, or as NYC Department of Health guidance changes.
Private Swim LessonsLearn More
Children’s Learn To Swim Classes
Children’s Learn to Swim with Parent/Caregiver for Ages 6 – 35 months and Drop-Off Swim Classes for Ages 3+Learn More
We’re More Than Just A Gym
The 14th Street Y has something for everyone including more than 50 fitness classes each week, a recently renovated fitness center, and a pool that’s 84 degrees year round.Become A Member Today!