Instructional classes and court rentals available
Pickleball is one of the most fun and fast-growing sports in the country. The 14Y is now offering indoor Pickleball classes and rentals in our gymnasium!
Instructional classes are designed for new players to learn to play doubles Pickleball in a personalized and supportive environment. Classes include both skill-building drills and real game play. Learn the rules, how to keep score, and be ready to play safely with friends and family. This is a beginner level class, and no prior Pickleball experience is required.
Our rentals include the net and indoor balls. Participants need to bring their own paddles. Maximum six participants per rental.
Questions about classes or court rentals? Please email Pickleball@14streety.org
Registration is now open for all!
For a full list of rules, please visit the USA Pickleball website.
- Pickleball is played either as doubles (two players per team) or singles.
- Any fair method can be used to determine which player or team has first choice of side, service, or receive.
- When the ball is served, the receiving team must let it bounce before returning, and then the serving team must let it bounce before returning, thus two bounces. This is called the Two-Bounce Rule, rule eliminates the serve and volley advantage and extends rallies.
- After the ball has bounced once in each team’s court, both teams may either volley the ball (hit the ball before it bounces) or play it off a bounce (ground stroke).
- Points are scored only by the serving team.
- Games are normally played to 11 points, win by 2.