14Y Fitness Center
Conveniently located in the heart of the East Village, our Fitness Center offers a full range of cardio and weight equipment including:
- Cybex treadmills, Precor and Cybex elliptical trainers
- Cybex exercise bikes, Schwinn Airdyne bikes, spin bikes
- A full circuit of Cybex strength training machines
- Max Rack, Power Cage, and a large selection of free weight equipment
- Stretching area with mats and equipment
The 14th Street Y Fitness Center is always staffed by friendly, knowledgeable fitness monitors, who can show you how the equipment can be used for your needs and answer any questions. The vibe is very low key and relaxed. We warmly welcome all those who want to work out.
Our certified personal trainers, teach, coach and help achieve a goal, re-energize, or move to the next level. Find out more about Personal Training.
Fitness Center Hours
Monday – Friday | 6:30 AM – 8:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday | 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
As of July 6, 2021, 14Y members may use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
Please note that the sauna is still closed. Sanitizing wipes are available and extra cleaning efforts will be in place. Everyone must wear a mask while in the locker room.
We’re Serious About Your Health and Safety
Our team is hard at work ensuring our safety rules and regulations meet all New York State guidelines and New York City Department of Health inspection requirements, all while complying with EPA-approved cleaning and sanitization processes. Our staff has been trained in additional health and safety protocols to keep our community safe.
Health and Safety Standards
Our safety standards and protocols are employed to manage reduced capacity, facilitate social distancing, and reduce traffic. These include:
- Enhanced and frequent cleaning and disinfection throughout the building all day, every day.
- Hand sanitizing stations in the 14Y fitness center and throughout the lobby.
- Signage enforcing mask requirements in common areas of the 14Y and reminding you to remain six feet apart from your fellow members, and floor markers to encourage distancing.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirements
On August 17, the Mayor’s Office announced that New York City now requires proof of vaccination for workers and customers in many spaces, including indoor dining, fitness venues, and performances. In compliance with this policy, the 14Y will now require all members (ages 12 and older) to share proof of vaccination when visiting any of its fitness areas including the fitness center and studio, pool, and gymnasium.
We encourage 14Y members to visit the 14Y Service Desk to share a photo or copy of your official CDC COVID-19 vaccination card so that we have your vaccine information on file, and there is no interruption to your membership service.
14Y members may also use the following options as proof of vaccination to utilize the Fitness Center:
- NYC COVID Safe App: Android | iOS
- NYS Excelsior Pass
- An official immunization record from outside NYC or the U.S.
If you are using the NYC COVID Safe App or NYS Excelsior pass, you will need to show your app each time you visit the 14Y for health and fitness programs.
If you received the vaccine outside the U.S., you must have an official immunization record that includes:
- First name and last name
- Date of birth
- Vaccine product name (only vaccines authorized by the WHO are acceptable)
- Date(s) administered
- Site where the vaccine was administered, or name of the person who administered it
If you are not yet vaccinated against COVID-19, we strongly encourage you to consider vaccination so that you can continue to get the most of your 14Y Membership. Learn how you can get vaccinated for free in NYC today by visiting the NYC COVID information website.
Per NYC’s new regulations, if you do not plan to be vaccinated or do not share your record with us, you will not be permitted to use the 14Y’s fitness facilities after August 31, 2021.
Additionally, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recently updated their guidance to advise that masks are recommended in indoor public spaces for vaccinated individuals in geographic locations where transmission of COVID-19 remains high or substantial.
Currently, all areas of New York City fall under the CDC’s parameters for substantial transmission. In keeping with their guidance, we strongly encourage all members to wear masks in all 14Y fitness areas whenever possible.
Updated Mask Policy
14Y Members, after showing proof of vaccination at the Service Desk, may work out in the Fitness Center without a mask. However, we strongly encourage all members to wear masks in all 14Y fitness areas whenever possible.
Please show your vaccination card to staff at the Service Desk. A note will be added to your account that you are vaccinated, so you will only need to show your vaccination card the first time you check-in..
You will receive a sanitized silicon bracelet to wear during your workout to identify yourself to 14Y staff that you’re fully vaccinated.
As you’re leaving the 14Y, please drop your used bracelet into the designated bin near the Service Desk so that it can be sanitized.
During future workouts, just check-in at the Service Desk to receive your bracelet so you may work out without a mask in the Fitness Center.
Online Reservations and Health Screening
In accordance with government mandates, a health screening questionnaire will be required in advance of all visits. The health screening questionnaire can be found here. You will be required to complete and show your health screening and have your temperature checked by a health and safety ambassador before entering the building. In advance of our reopening, you’ll be able to schedule your workouts in the 14Y Fitness Center via our website, or by calling our Membership Team at 646-395-4310.
New Building Entry and Arrival Procedures
To keep you, your fellow members, and our staff safe, the following entry and arrival procedures must now be followed:
- All 14Y members will enter through the main lobby entrance at 344 East 14th Street.
- Starting September 1, 2021, all 14Y members must show proof of vaccination to use the fitness facilities including the fitness center and studio, the pool, and the gymnasium.
- Masks are required for entry and exit of the building, and while in common areas including the locker room, basketball court, fitness studio, and on the pool deck.
- Please bring your 14Y Fitness key fob, proof of your health screening completion, which can be displayed on your phone.
- Upon arrival, you’ll be subject to a contactless temperature scan, and a brief check-in with a health and safety ambassador who will direct you to the 14Y Fitness Center.
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best workout experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- Locker rooms will be available for use.
- Please bring your own water bottle; you’ll be able to utilize our refilling station, which will be sanitized frequently.
- Please bring proof of vaccination if you’d like to use the 14Y fitness facilities.
We will continue to update you as we reopen additional services, or as NYC Department of Health guidance changes.
We offer almost 30 group fitness classes each week!
Current In-Person Group Fitness Classes: Zumba with Celeste on Sundays and HIIT with Josue on Mondays. More coming soon! See The Schedule