14Y Fitness Center
Conveniently located in the heart of the East Village, our Fitness Center offers a full range of cardio and weight equipment including:
- Cybex treadmills, Precor and Cybex elliptical trainers
- Cybex exercise bikes, Schwinn Airdyne bikes, spin bikes
- A full circuit of Cybex strength training machines
- Max Rack, Power Cage, and a large selection of free weight equipment
- Stretching area with mats and equipment
The 14th Street Y Fitness Center is always staffed by friendly, knowledgeable fitness monitors, who can show you how the equipment can be used for your needs and answer any questions. The vibe is very low key and relaxed. We warmly welcome all those who want to work out.
Our certified personal trainers, teach, coach and help achieve a goal, re-energize, or move to the next level. Find out more about Personal Training.
Fitness Center Hours
- Monday – Friday | 6:30 AM – 9:00 PM
- Saturday & Sunday | 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
14Y members are welcome to use the lock rooms and showers. Our lockers are free for daytime use only. Please bring a lock for the lockers should you wish to store your belongings. To learn more about locker rentals, please visit the 14Y Service Desk.
Please note that the sauna is still closed. Sanitizing wipes are available and extra cleaning efforts will be in place. Everyone must wear a mask while in the locker room.
We’re Serious About Your Health and Safety
Our team is hard at work ensuring our safety rules and regulations meet all New York State guidelines and New York City Department of Health inspection requirements, all while complying with EPA-approved cleaning and sanitization processes. Our staff has been trained in additional health and safety protocols to keep our community safe.
Health and Safety Standards
Our safety standards and protocols are employed to manage reduced capacity, facilitate social distancing, and reduce traffic. These include:
- Members entering the building for Fitness and Aquatics programs no longer need to complete a health screening or temperature check prior to working out.
- Masks are strongly recommended but no longer required in all common areas of the 14Y as well as the fitness center, basketball gymnasium, fitness studio, locker rooms, or on the pool deck.
- Members who are not feeling well should help keep our community healthy and stay home.
- 14Y Members ages 5 and older must show proof of vaccination at the Service Desk to use our fitness facilities.
- Machines in the Fitness Center will be marked and spaced appropriately for social distancing.
- Machines will be wiped down with an EPA-approved cleaner between each usage.
- Health and Safety Monitors will be present on the Fitness Center floor at all times.
- Members must wipe down equipment after each use. We appreciate your assistance in keeping our community safe
Planning Your Visit
To make sure you have the best workout experience, please plan ahead by taking into account the following:
- Members should arrive through the lobby and will be directed to the 14Y Fitness Center.
- Locker rooms are available for use.
- Please bring your own water bottle; you’ll be able to utilize our refilling station, which will be sanitized frequently.
- Please bring proof of vaccination if you’d like to use the 14Y fitness facilities.
We offer almost 30 group fitness classes each week!
Current In-Person Group Fitness Classes: Zumba with Celeste on Sundays and HIIT with Josue on Mondays. More coming soon! See The Schedule