Pickup basketball games and shoot-arounds
Swing by your East Village community center for pick-up basketball games or shoot-arounds in our indoor court.
Our current basketball court schedule includes dedicated times for basketball game play as well as shoot-arounds on the weekend. 14Y members are able to register in advance.
Sign up for basketball game play or a weekend shoot-around!
Updated Mask Mandate: Starting Tuesday, December 21, 2022
Due to the surge in COVID-19 cases in NYC, the 14Y will require masks be worn by adults and children ages 2+ at all time, including the basketball court, fitness center, fitness studio, locker rooms, and on the pool deck.
Thank you for doing your part in helping to keep everyone in our community safe.
Basketball Game Play
Basketball Game Play is back starting on Monday, January 17. Current schedule for pickup basketball games:
- Mondays | 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- Tuesdays | 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Wednesdays | 12:00 – 2:00 PM
- Thursdays | 6:00 – 8:00 PM
Rules for member pickup games:
- Made basket = 2 points
- Made basket from beyond the 3 point line = 3 points
- First game: First team to 21 points wins
- All other games: First team to 20 points wins
We have adjusted basketball shoot-around times, please see the schedule below:
- Mondays | 6:00 – 6:45 PM
- Wednesdays | 6:00 – 6:45 PM
- Fridays | 6:00 – 6:45 PM
- Saturdays | 1:00 – 1:45 PM
- Sundays | 12:00 – 12:45 PM
Basketball shoot-around rules:
- There are 10 slots available for each session.
- Reservations are required. Reserve a spot here.
- When you enter the court, you will be assigned a hoop and ball.
- You will be able to shoot around with one other person.