Pickup basketball games happen every day at the 14th Street Y
Pickup basketball games happen every day at the 14th Street Y.
Swing by your East Village community center for a drop-in dribble-and-shoot or an impromptu game on our indoor court. Lace up for one of our basketball leagues or classes.
Our full-court schedule includes dedicated times for adult members and for teens, as well as our men’s and women’s leagues. Basketball classes, for kids 5-14 years old, are fun and inclusive, tailored for players of every talent level. Coaches focus on skills and drills, integrity and teamwork.
The 14Y’s Basketball program is currently on pause due to the COVID-19 pandemic. We’re planning on reopening basketball for shoot arounds and small 2-to-3 people games this summer. Stay tuned for more details!
Rules for Open Runs
Member Basketball Full Court Game Rules:
- Made basket = 2 points
- Made basket from beyond the 3 point line = 3 points
- 1st game: First team to 21 points wins
- All other games: First team to 20 points wins
- If more than 10 people are waiting to play, games must be clocked.
- Games are limited to 12 minutes with no clock stoppages
- If a game is tied at the final buzzer, go to a 3 minute overtime
- If a game is tied at the end of overtime, game over, 10 new players
- Freezing the ball = turnover
After a team’s second consecutive win, the winning team must exit while the losing team may play again.
If more than 10 people are waiting, after a team’s 3rd consecutive win both the winning and losing teams must exit and permit 10 new players to play.