Pickup basketball games and shoot-arounds
Pickup basketball games happen every day at
the 14th Street Y.
Swing by your East Village community center for a drop-in dribble-and-shoot or an impromptu game in our indoor court!
Basketball game play uses the full court for organized and supervised gameplay exclusive to 14Y members ages 18 and older.
General Basketball (Adults 18+):
- Mondays | 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Tuesdays | 6:00 – 9:00 PM
- Wednesdays | 12:00 – 3:00 PM
- Thursdays | 6:00 – 9:45 PM
- Sundays | 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Fridays | 6:00 – 8:00 PM
- Saturdays | 2:00 – 4:00 PM
Rules for member pickup games:
- Made basket = 2 points
- Made basket from beyond the 3 point line = 3 points
- First game: First team to 21 points wins
- All other games: First team to 20 points wins
Members are welcome to participate in half-court shoot-arounds in pairs. When you enter the court, you will be given a ball and assigned a hoop.
- Sundays | 12:00 – 2:30 PM
Open Gym is for all 14Y members! Basketball gameplay is limited to only half court. Members, as long as they adhere to gym guidelines, can use the other half of the court for all recreational activities! Children 13 and younger must be accompanied and supervised by an adult.
- Mondays | 6:00 – 9:30 AM
- Tuesdays | 6:00 – 9:00 AM
- Wednesdays | 6:00 – 9:30 AM and 6:00 – 7:00 PM
- Thursdays | 6:00 – 7:45 AM and 11:00 AM – 3:00 PM
- Fridays | 6:00 – 9:00 AM and 8:00 – 9:45 PM
- Saturdays | 7:00 – 8:45 AM and 12:15 – 2:00 PM and 4:00 – 7:45 PM
- Sundays | 7:00 – 8:45 AM and 5:00 – 5:45 PM
We now have half-court open gym time reserved just for families! Children and their caregivers are welcome to play sports like soccer or basketball, play a game of catch or tag, or just run around and have fun. Children must be accompanied by a caregiver at all times.
- Sundays | 2:30 – 5:00 PM
Zog Sports Basketball at the 14Y
Play basketball with the Zog Sports League at the 14Y! Members can sign up individually or pay a team fee for teams of up to ten people. Game play is intermediate. Players must be age 21 or over to play. The fees cover team jerseys and referees. Visit the Zog Sports website for pricing and registration.
Game play rules:
- 5-on-5 full court basketball (no gender rules)
- Two 20-minute halves per game (no overtime during the regular season)
- 6 regular season games plus one week for playoffs
- Utilize modified college rules
- Food is not permitted in the gymnasium
- Scuff resistant athletic shoes are required at all times, no street shoes
- 14Y Members and guests must wear gym proper attire, please change clothes in locker room
- Children ages 13 and younger must be directly supervised by an adult
- Drinks must be kept in a plastic container or bottle, no glass please
- Please use trash receptacles and recycling bins for discarding refuse
- Training sessions of any type may be conducted by 14Y Staff trainers only
- Profanity or aggressive behavior will not be tolerated
- Please do not leave your belongings unattended, the 14Y is not responsible for lost or stolen items