Open Call for 14Y Gallery Submissions
The 14Y is seeking visual artists of all genres to submit for our 2024 Gallery Series.
The 14Y will select one artist or artist collective to present and show their work on a monthly basis, starting February through December 2024. Artists may be at any stage of their career.
- Applications are now open!
- Application closes on December 31, 2023 at 11:59 PM
- We are curating the Visual Gallery from February through December 2024
- Applicants will be notified on a rolling basis through January 30, 2024
Gallery Open Call Guidelines:
- The 14Y Arts + Culture Team is only able to accept the first 100 applications.
- Gallery Showings are usually one month in duration and in our downstairs general gallery space and upstairs theater lobby space
- Showing artists are expected to attend and give a brief speech/presentation at their gallery opening/reception, which normally occurs the first Thursday of each month.
- If selected, 14Y may ask you to participate in a community engagement event or lead a workshop as part of your showing. We provide a stipend for workshops.
- All applications will be reviewed by the artistic staff and artistic advisory committee at the 14Y.
- The 14Y will keep all proceeds of bar sales at gallery events.
- The 14Y does not coordinate or broker any sales of artwork on display, but will refer all interested parties to the artist directly. Showing artists are welcome to have a link to their website or a QRcode set up/posted to direct potential buyers for purchase details and logistics.
- The 14Y accepts applications from visual artists working in all genres and disciplines.
- The 14Y welcomes artists at any stage of their career to apply.
- Applications can be from a solo artist or artist collective.
- Applicants are not limited to a specific geographic location, however, travel and accommodation are the financial responsibility of the applicant.
- International participants are responsible for their own visa, travel, living, and housing expenses and arrangements.
- It is the policy of 14Y to provide equal opportunity to all applicants and to oppose all forms of discrimination, including discrimination on the basis of sex, race, color, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, national origin, or physical condition.
Gallery Showing Provides:
- One-Month Gallery Showing/Installation in one of our building’s gallery or showing spaces.
- Opening Night reception fully staffed with complimentary drinks and light bites.
- Opportunity to lead workshop(s) and/or community engagement event(s) with a stipend provided by the 14Y
- Art installation and lighting support
- Marketing and promotional support
- The 14Y will only accept the first 100 applications.
- The 14Y Theater accepts applications from individual artists as well as collaboratives. If applying as a collaborative, please complete a single application in the discipline most applicable for your shared project, and list no more than one lead artist on the project.
- 14Y Theater Residencies are not technical residencies. Basic technical support and equipment may be provided on a case-by-case basis. Any additional labor or equipment will be at cost to the artist and needs to be approved by our Director of Production.
- Please note in your application if your project includes collaborators under the age of 18. The 14Y will consider these project proposals on a case-by-case basis.
- If selected, the 14Y may ask you to participate in a community engagement event as part of your residency.
- 14Y Theater/Arts + Culture Team will not provide feedback on any applications due to staff capacity.