Breast Cancer Awareness Month
Breast Cancer Awareness Month at 14th Street Y
October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and the 14th Street Y has programming to honor those facing breast cancer, and to help our community take charge of their health and feel supported during this month.
Breast Health Presentation
Wednesday, October 2 | 10:30 – 11:30 AM
Free, no RSVP required
Mount Sinai’s health educator will be presenting information on breast health and details about the upcoming mammogram screening happening at the 14Y on October 22. This presentation is highly recommended for those who plan to sign up for the free mammogram screening.
Participants at the presentation will also receive a discount on the upcoming show The Pink Hulk.
The Pink Hulk: One Woman’s Journey to Find the Superhero Within
Tuesday, October 8 – Sunday October 13 | Theater at the 14th Street Y
Written and Performed by Valerie David
General Admission: $25 | Students/Seniors: $15
Award-winning solo show about Valerie David’s personal journey in becoming a 2-time cancer survivor. A true, inspiring story with plenty of humor guaranteed! Audience talkbacks follow. This performance is not suitable for patrons under 15 years of age due to mature language and themes.TICKETS
Free Mammogram Screening sponsored by Mount Sinai
Tuesday, October 22 | 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
(please sign up for an appointment time)
Mobile van will be parked right outside the 14th Street Y
To register, please email email@example.com with your name and contact information including a call back number. A staff person from Mount Sinai will help you schedule your appointment!
Please register in advance to secure your appointment. Walk-ins will be available on a first come, first serve basis.
You are eligible for a free mammogram screening if you:
- Are 40 years of age or over
- Have not had a mammogram in the past year
- Have no signs or symptoms of breast disease
- Are insured, underinsured, or uninsured
At the time of your appointment, please remember to bring:
- Photo ID
- Copy of health insurance card (if applicable)
- Copies of past mammograms (if available)
Sign up for your free mammogram by 10/7/2019*
- Complete the sign-up form, available at the 14Y Service Desk
- Fill out the sign-up sheet for the October 22 mammogram screening to ensure your spot
- *If you sign up after 10/7/2019, please contact the Mobile Mammography Team at 844-396-2666