Early Childhood Classes
For Families with Children 3 and Younger
14Y Early Childhood Classes
Whether you’re looking for social activities for your energetic toddler, classes that encourage your baby’s development, or opportunities to connect with other new parents, we have something for you and your little one.
Sign up for a semester-long class or join a drop-in class when your schedule allows.
If you have questions about 14Y Early Childhood Classes, please email Catherine, Manager of Early Childhood Admissions, at CWenglowski@14StreetY.org.
In-Person Programs for Babies, Toddlers and Parent/Caregiver
We know you and your toddler have been itching to play! Join us for our signature combination of art, music, movement and community!
Summer 2022 Drop-In Classes
June 6 – August 12, 2022
Want to come play without committing to a full semester? Reserve a spot at our drop-in classes! Free or deep discount for 14Y Family Members.
Messy Art & Play
For Toddlers 12 – 40 Months with Parent/Caregiver
Begins Monday, June 27
Mondays | 9:30 AM – 10:15 AM
Come make art, and don’t be afraid to get messy! Toddlers and caregivers create and explore sensory fun together in a warm classroom setting. We’ll make masterpieces – and friends – using paint, stamps, markers, and more!
Baby and Me Yoga
For One Adult + One Baby up to 12 Months
Mondays | 10:00 – 10:45 AM
Join us in the sunny playroom on Monday mornings to do yoga and stretch, with our little ones as partners! You’ll meet other parents and watch your little ones connect as we focus on balance, awareness, and wellness.
No class Monday, June 20 and Monday, July 4
Baby and Me Fitness
For One Adult + One Baby up to 12 Months
Thursdays | 9:30 – 10:15 AM
Enjoy movement, wellness, and fitness, with your little one as a partner! Parents and babies move and groove together in our sunny, spacious playroom.
These programs are made possible in part by support from The New Shul.
14Y Summer Club
June 21 – August 11
Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday
9:30 AM – 11:00 AM or 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM
A camp-like experience for toddlers ages 1 – 3 years and their caregivers
Join 14Y friends, ages 1 to 3 years, to sing, dance, and play together at our Summer Club! Each day will feature water play outdoors on our spacious rooftop, as well as time to explore art and music activities. Children will enjoy the roof and the classroom in this fun summer class while caregivers get time to chat and develop community! Bring your child in a swimsuit.
Questions? Contact Jill Shely, Associate Director of Early Childhood Programs, at JShely@14streety.org.
Family Members are welcome to book a slot for family swim. Family Swim is available for 14Y Family Members. If you would like to upgrade to a Family Membership, please contact us at ServiceDesk@14StreetY.org or call 646.395.4310.
Family Swim time slots:
- Saturdays and Sundays | 3:00 – 3:40 PM
- Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:15 PM
- Thursdays | 5:30 – 6:00 PM
Family Swim Reservation & Health Guidelines:
- Updated Vaccine Mandates: The 14Y will be requiring all children aged 5+ to show proof of at least one dose of an approved COVID-19 vaccine by Tuesday December 14, 2021 in order to participate in Aquatics programs including Family Swim.
- Each Family Swim time slot will offer four reservations maximum: two at the shallow end of the pool and two at the deep end.
- A maximum of five people per family will be allowed for each reservation.
- Floatation devices will be available.
- All swim participants must wear a swim cap.
- Children up to 3 years old or those not yet potty trained must wear swim diapers.
- Locker rooms are available for changing and storing items only. Locker room showers are not available at this time. There is a shower on the pool deck.
Baby and Toddler Learn to Swim Classes
For Children Ages 6 – 35 Months and Parent/Caregiver
Summer session of Baby and Toddler Learn to Swim classes will begin the week of July 5. Registration opens for 14Y Family Members on Tuesday, June 7. Open registration begins Tuesday, June 14.
Private Swim Lessons
Private Swim lessons are an excellent way to encourage a swimmer to improve quickly, and our Red Cross Certified instructors will help you or your child to set and accomplish those goals.
We offer private and semi-private (2 participant) swim lessons for swimmers of all levels, from age 3 to adults. Lessons last 30 minutes and are available to purchase individually or as packages (buy 10 lessons, get one free!).
We are temporarily pausing requests for private swim lessons. Please check back periodically for more updates.
Early Childhood Classes for the 2022 – 2023 School Year
Is your toddler ready to begin getting used to the rhythms of a school day and develop deep relationships over the course of a whole year? Prelude to Preschool offers a development mixed with the enrichment focus of our Early Childhood Classes!
Caregiver and child grow together over the course of the whole “school year” as we get used to routines, develop relationships and along the way play with art, music, movement and beginning social skills. Learn more here.
Health + Safety
As we continue to roll out in person programming for babies and caregivers, we have taken several measures to prioritize safety:
- New York City requires visitors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the building. Those 5 years of age and older must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter.
- When you register for a class or reserve a spot, you will be asked for your name, address and phone number, for contract tracing purposes.
- Masks are now optional for adults and children over age 2, but still strongly recommended.
- Classes are held in spacious rooms, with windows open unless impracticable, or outdoors.