Early Childhood Classes
For Families with Children 3 and Younger
14Y Early Childhood Classes
Whether you’re looking for social activities for your energetic toddler, classes that encourage your baby’s development, or opportunities to connect with other new parents, we have something for you and your little one.
Sign up for a semester-long class or join a drop-in class when your schedule allows.
If you have questions about 14Y Early Childhood Classes, please email Catherine, Manager of Early Childhood Admissions, at CWenglowski@14StreetY.org.
Fall 2022 Drop-In and Specialty Classes
Monday, September 19 – Friday, December 16
Fall early childhood classes will feature a mix of old favorites and new opportunities for you and your babies/toddlers to have fun, explore new skills and build friendships!
Prelude to Preschool
For Children 12 – 34 Months
Our signature programs help your child develop confidence, community, and independence during their first experience of school! Learn More
Family Swim is available for 14Y Family Members. If you would like to upgrade to a Family Membership, please contact us at ServiceDesk@14StreetY.org or call 646.395.4310.
Family Swim time slots:
- Mondays and Wednesdays | 5:00 – 6:00 PM
- Tuesdays | 5:30 – 6:30 PM
- Thursdays | 5:30 – 6:00 PM
- Fridays | 4:00 – 6:00 PM
- Saturdays and Sundays | 2:00 – 3:30 PM
Baby and Toddler Learn to Swim Classes
For Children Ages 6 – 35 Months and Parent/Caregiver
The next session of Baby and Toddler Learn to Swim classes will begin in the fall. Registration is now open for members, please visit our Aquatics page for details.
Private Swim Lessons
For Children Ages 3 and Up
Private swim lessons are an excellent way to encourage a swimmer to improve quickly, and our Red Cross Certified instructors will help your child to set and accomplish those goals.
We offer private and semi-private (2 participant) swim lessons for swimmers of all levels. Lessons last 30 minutes and are available to purchase individually or as packages (buy 10 lessons, get one free!).
Learn more about private swim lessons here.
Health + Safety
As we continue to roll out in person programming for babies and caregivers, we have taken several measures to prioritize safety:
- New York City requires visitors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 to enter the building. Those 5 years of age and older must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination to enter.
- When you register for a class or reserve a spot, you will be asked for your name, address and phone number, for contract tracing purposes.
- Masks are now optional for adults and children over age 2, but still strongly recommended.
- Classes are held in spacious rooms, with windows open unless impracticable, or outdoors.