LITs are rising 7th and 8th graders, our oldest campers at NCDC!
- Provide LITs with an experience to capitalize on what they love most about summer and NCDC, in the last summers they can enjoy it as a camper
- Help shape them as the leaders of our camper population- to be revered by our campers, and to be viewed as trusted helpers and ambassadors of ruach (spirit) by our staff.
Day to day, LITs enjoy typical camp activities with unique perspectives by shadowing our Unit Staff who run our incredible programs. By engaging in this process, LITs get a full 360 degree experience of enjoying a program after learning what it takes to get it up and running. Our program are:
- Martial Arts
- Performing Arts
- Visual Arts
- Science and Technology
- Cooking, Camping & Pioneering
LITs also enjoy...
- "Big sibling" time with our youngest campers
- Daily swim
- Special projects and visits from our esteemed Guest Faculty
- Weekly trips
Please note: Dates and destinations for trips and overnights are still to be planned in detail for Summer 2017, but please email [email protected] with any specific questions you might have. Fees for trips and overnights are included in registration costs.
We run the program to provide...
- NCDC camper enthusiasts with another summer (or two) of unbridled joy
- 7th and 8th graders who might not be ready for overnight camp with an engaging day camp option
- An opportunity to shape participants as qualified Counselor in Training candidates when they are 9th and 10th graders
- Cultivate a cohort of spirited young leader and provide them with tools to build community inside and outside of NCDC
LITs have the option to participate in one or two four-week sessions: June 29th-July 28th and/or July 31st-August 25th. For LIT dates and rates, click here.